Tuesday updates involving health and safety in sports:
* The Los Angeles Times reported that the Los Angeles Kings already have lost one of their top defensemen. Matt Greene suffered a back injury in Saturday’s opener and is likely out for the season.
Having some twitter issues. Just got email from Dean Lombardi. Says D Matt Greene is “out for the year probably.”
— lisa dillman (@reallisa) January 21, 2013
* Australian Rules Football saw one of its top young players, Brandon Matera, has been sidelined with a severe foot injury and was placed in a “moon boot,” according to FoxFooty.
* FoundTheMarble.com, a parents-oriented site, detailed a handful of articles of what parents should know about concussions. It also included a link to the NFL’s Play 60 poster on its commitment to youth health.
* Digital Journal reported on how Athletic Science launched online sports coaching for youth sports teams.
– Bill Bradley, contributing editor